50 Years of Excellence in Education

Our History

St. Peter's Episcopal Montessori School is founded on two solid and long celebrated traditions, the Episcopal Church and the Montessori curriculum. The Episcopal Church evolved from the Church of England and held its first General Convention in the United States in 1785. Maria Montessori opened her first Casa dei Bambini in the early 1900's and spent the next 50 years developing her proven educational philosophy.

St. Peter's has a long and committed history in Phoenix's west valley. Our church and school were established in the early 1960's and grew and changed as the local community of Litchfield Park grew up around it. We've progressed from a one room building that served as the original all-in-one church, school and parish hall to our current campus which contains our beautiful church, Sunday school wing, parish hall, thrift store, multiple school buildings, and the newest addition--Celebration Hall.